The web site, Caledonia Hilltreks details my ascents of the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams and New Donalds all of which are above 2000 feet. This blog will contain an account of my ascents of the hills below this height as and when they are climbed.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Lendrick Hill, Clackmannanshire.

Lendrick Hill

Lendrick Hill, Clackmannanshire. Region 26.
Height – 456 metres. Map – OS Landranger 58.
Climbed - 20 August 2011. Time taken – 1.25 hours.
Distance – 4.5 kilometres. Ascent – 235 metres.
Trip Report Details:


My plan was to climb Lendrick Hill from the B934 north of the Yetts o’Muckart but I was undecided whether to make a direct ascent of its west ridge or use the forest track slightly further north. On the drive along the B934 the vegetation on the west ridge didn’t look inviting as it appeared very rough and wild so I opted for the route through the forest.

There wasn’t any parking in the vicinity of the track so I left my car in the bell mouth, without obstructing the entrance, and headed off through the forest. The walking was easy as the track wound its way uphill and I had ever improving views of the Ochils. I didn’t have a plan to access the hill but was pleasantly surprised to find a fire break heading in the correct direction. I then noticed a small cairn at the edge of the track and guessed this was one of the standard routes onto Lendrick Hill.

It was a steady climb through the fire break where the ground was wet and in places very slippery. The top end of the fire break took me clear of the forest and to a stock fence, which I crossed. A worn mark in the grass led to the summit cairn which was three metres higher than the nearby trig point.

There were views, not very clear due to the cloudy conditions, of East and West Lomond, Loch Leven and from the trig point the Forth Valley. I found some shelter from the wind for a cup of coffee before returning by the ascent route. Near the end, a mountain biker past me heading uphill.

Photos taken on walk.