The web site, Caledonia Hilltreks details my ascents of the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams and New Donalds all of which are above 2000 feet. This blog will contain an account of my ascents of the hills below this height as and when they are climbed.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Meall Innis an Loichel, Glen Strathfarrar.

Meall Innis an Loichel

Meall Innis an Loichel, Glen Strathfarrar, Wester Ross. Section 12B.
Height – 390 metres. Map – OS Landranger 25.
Climbed - 16 April 2011. Time taken – 35 minutes.
Distance – 1 kilometre. Ascent – 125 metres.
Trip Report Details:

Earlier in the day I climbed the Sub 2000 Marilyns, Meallan Odhar Doire nan Gillean and Beinn Dubh an Iaruinn from the Uisge Misgeach Power Station in Gleann Innis an Lochiel. The Sub 2000 Marilyn, Meall Innis an Loichel was on my return route and would involve less than an hour’s walking and wouldn’t justify a separate journey up Glen Strathfarrar.

I parked at the highest point on the road between Loichel Dam and Monar Dam where there was space for a couple of vehicles. From this point I had good views of Loch Monar and Gleann Innis an Loichel so I was looking forward to the views from the summit.

I set off up the west ridge of Meall Innis an Loichel over some wet ground and under a power line. Higher up I took a slight diversion to avoid crags and not long after that I arrived at the summit cairn. As predicted I had good views of the surrounding mountains although I had to walk further east to get a reasonable photograph of Glen Strathfarrar.

The return was by the ascent route and I was back at the car within thirty five minutes.

Photos taken on walk.